Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Beer

Last fall I jumped on the pumpkin beer band wagon just as most places were selling out. I was only able to try 2 or 3 of the less popular varieties.  This year I vowed to do better.  I set out at the end of September to secure my pumpkin beer selections and I believe I did quite well. I was able to purchase 12 types of pumpkin beer and 2 types of pumpkin cider. Since I don't know a lot about beer I won't bore you with a review of each one but I will tell you a little about them all



(from left to right)
 
1) Jacks Pumpkin Spice Ale - Anheuser-Busch - ABV 5.50%
2) O'Fallon Pumpkin Ale - O'Fallon Brewery - ABV 5.50% 
3) Punk'n Harvest Pumpkin Ale - Uinta Brewing Company - ABV 4.00%
4) St. Ambroise Pumpkin - McAuslan Brewing - ABV 5.00%
5) Woodchuck Hard Pumpkin Cider - Woodchuck Brewery - ABV 6.90%
6) Punkin Ale - Dogfish Head Craft Brewery - ABV 7.00%
7) Post Road Pumpkin Ale - Brooklyn Brewery - ABV 5.00%
8) Ace Hard Pumpkin Cider - Ave Cider - ABV 5.00%
9) Pumpkin Smasher - Big Muddy Brewing - ABV 6.00%
10) Painted Ladies Pumpkin Spice Ale - Tyranena Brewing - ABV 7.50%
11) Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale - Smuttynose Brewing Company - ABV 5.84%
12) Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale - Buffalo Bill's Brewery - ABV 5.20%
13) Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale - Shipyard Brewing Company - ABV 5.10%
14) Pumpkin Ale - Onion Pub and Brewery - ABV 5.40%

No comments:

Post a Comment