Monday, March 25, 2013

Pineapple BBQ pulled pork sliders

This weekend it was my turn to host our monthly potluck.  Everyone gathered at my apartment for a tropical themed meal. We had salad, chips and salsa, tropical drinks, pineapple upside down cake and I contributed pineapple pulled pork sliders and pineapple coconut slaw.  I must say the sliders were one of the easiest things I've made, leaving my plenty of time to socialize with my ladies.  All you have to do is throw it in the crock pot and its basically done!

Pineapple BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders


Ingredients:
  • 3-4 lb pork shoulder
  • 1 can pineapple chunks
  • 1 bottle BBQ sauce
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp onion flakes
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1tsp chili powder

Instructions:


1) Combine salt, garlic, onion, pepper, brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl.  Rub down the pork shoulder and let it sit in the fridge overnight.


2) Place the meat in the crock pot.  Cover with the entire can of pineapple and BBQ sauce.  Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6.


3) Using 2 forks shred the meat in the crock pot and stir with all the juices.



4) Serve on slider rolls.  I served mine on Hawaiian rolls.  I love how the sweetness of the rolls went with the meat. mmmmm



3 comments: