Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baked Zucchini Rounds

Saturday I took my first trip to the Downer's Grove farmers market.  I was pleasantly surprised with the array of fresh meat, cheese, flowers, fruits and veggies they had.  One of the things I picked up was some zucchini.  I decided to try out a bite size appetizer type dish, except it was my dinner.



Ingredients:
1 large zucchini
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Sun Dried Tomatoes
2 tbsp butter

Directions:

1) Preheat the oven to 350. Slice the zucchini in 1/4 inch thick slices


2) In a bowl melt 2 tbsp butter.  Toss the sliced zucchini in the butter.


3) Lay the zucchini in a single layer on a cookie sheet.


4) Sprinkle the slices with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.


5) Bake for 7-10 min.  While cooking slice up some sun dried tomatoes.




6) Once the slices are done top with sun dried tomato slices.


7) Then add cheese.


8) Place back in the oven until the cheese melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment