Monday, January 28, 2013

Queso Fundido

Once a month I have potluck with a group of my female friends.  We pick a theme, each bring a dish, and drink plenty of wine.  It's  a wonderful time I look forward to monthly.  This months theme was mexican.  There were pulled pork tacos, pomegranate guacamole, spicy quinoa salad, skinny girl margaritas, and I provided some queso fundido.  Everything was amazingly yummy.  Next month I'll be hosting a tropical themed potluck.  I'll be sure to post the pineapple bbq sliders I'll be making, but for now try this spicy queso fundido. Sadly there is no picture of the finished product as I was a bit to occupied socializing.

Queso Fundido

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups mexican blend cheese (cheddar and Monterey jack)
  • 12 oz shredded quesadilla cheese
  • 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, chopped
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 12 oz. cooked chorizo



Directions:


1) Cook the chorizo in a large skillet.


2) Chop the onion, jalapeno, and garlic.


3) Add the these to the chorizo.


4) Cook the mixture until the peppers and onions are tender.

5) Drain the mixture thoroughly.

6) Heat the oven to 400.  In a small casserole dish layer the cheese and the chorizo making sure the top layer is cheese.

7) Pop it in the oven for about 20 min or until bubbly and wonderful.





1 comment: