Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Votive Holders

I love glitter, and I'll use any excuse to use it.   My current excuse is Valentine's Day decorations.  Today I took an old votive holder and vamped it up a bit.  This process can be applied to pretty much anything. It was pretty quick and it adds a fun element to an otherwise plain surface.  It also gives you something to do while watching reruns on TV. 







Use stickers to make some sort of design on the glass.  This will be the area that is not glittered.  I spelled out LOVE with scrap booking stickers and taped the area off with painters tape. 



Cover the whole thing with Mod Podge or some other type of adhesive, just make sure it dries clear.




Cover the entire thing with glitter.   Dust of the excess glitter and remove the stickers.   Then let the whole thing dry for at least 24 hours. 












No comments:

Post a Comment