Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Hummus

Up until last summer I had never tried hummus before.  Man was I missing out.  Now its one of my favorite snacks, and its great on everything.  I had never tried making my own hummus before, but when I saw a recipe for pumpkin hummus I knew I had to try it.  It was much easier than expected to make.  Only issue I ran into was when the cup got stuck in the base of the blender and I thought I was going to have to destroy the entire thing to free my hummus.  Luckily it didn't come to that and after about 5 minutes of panicking I got the cup off the base and enjoyed my snack.

Pumpkin Hummus


Ingredients:
  • 1 15oz. can of chickpeas (drained)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • the juice from 1 lemon
  • 6 tbsp canned pumpkin
  • 5 tbsp tahini
  • 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp water
  • salt to taste


Instructions:

1) Place everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.  That's it!



No comments:

Post a Comment