Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Grilled Cheese

I'm always on the lookout for new things to do with pumpkin, especially canned pumpkin which I always have a few cans of on-hand.  Needless to say I was super excited to see the new Food Network magazine which included 50 things to make with canned pumpkin.  The first thing that really jumped out at me was a recipe for pumpkin grilled cheese, and lucky enough I had all the stuff to make it. It was really easy to make and all of the flavors came together nicely.  I have changed the recipe slightly, since I didn't think the pumpkin flavor was quite strong enough.

Pumpkin Grilled Cheese


Ingredients:
  • Bread
  • 1.5 Tbsp canned pumpkin
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
  • 2-3 strips cooked bacon
  • Monterrey Jack cheese
Instructions:

1) In a small bowl combine pumpkin, honey, and mustard.


2) Spread mixture on one slice of bread.  Then add cheese and bacon.


3) Top with 2nd slice of bread and grill until golden brown in a buttered skillet.






No comments:

Post a Comment