Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Peach Banana Bread

I've been trying to eat healthier lately, and that means I've been buying a lot more fruits and veggies.  I haven't been quite as good about actually eating them.  This led to me having some fruit that was very quickly approaching its point of uselessness.  My bananas were pretty much all brown and my peaches were squishy.  I knew I could use the bananas for banana bread, but I don't really like plain banana bread.  Then I thought maybe I could toss the peaches in there too, so I did, and I must say I'm pretty pleased with the result.  It tastes like normal banana bread with a hint of peach and an awesome cinnamon sugar crust on the top.

Peach Banana Bread


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 large bananas
  • 1 cup peach, chopped into small pieces
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, powder and spices. Make well in center.


3) In small bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in oil, vanilla and banana.


4) Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir just until moistened.


5) Fold in peaches. Do not over mix.


6) Pour batter in a 5X9 loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.



 7) Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment