Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peach Margarita Salsa

Peaches are one of my favorite fruits.  Biting into a ripe juicy peach just screams summer to me. Also, peaches look like little butts. Where I grew up peaches were kind of a big deal.  Once late July hit you would see signs pop up everywhere for Calhoun County peaches.  You could buy them at every stand and being sold out of the back of trucks on any country road. They are some of the best peaches I have ever had.  While I wasn't able to get my hands on any Calhoun County peaches up here in Chicago, I was able to find some suitable California peaches at the local produce market. I decided to use some of these peaches for a yummy salsa.

Peach Margarita Salsa


Ingredients:
1 large tomato
2 peaches
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 sweet onion
1 jalapeno pepper
juice from 1 lime
1/2 tsp. cumin
3 tbsp. tequila

Directions:
1) Chop all ingredients and place in large bowl



2) Add cumin, lime juice and tequila and stir it all together.


3) Cover and refrigerate for 3-5 hours before serving.

4) Remove from fridge and serve.



This can be served with chips or on top of your favorite grilled meat such as chicken or fish.  As you can see this recipe makes A LOT of salsa.  This is great for big families or parties, but if you're forever alone like me I recommend cutting the recipe in half unless you plan on eating nothing but salsa for awhile.








No comments:

Post a Comment